The Cardiff Naturalists' Society is proud to have had as one of it's most long standing members Dr Mary Gillham.
Mary was been an active member of the society for literally decades and continues after her life to be one of the most highy respected naturalists in South Wales.
For this reason Dr Gillham was rightly recognised in the 2008 Honours with the MBE for services to Nature Conservation in South Wales.
Dr Mary Gillham was a prolific writer on widlife and environmental topics and continues to inspire an interest though the publication rate of about a book a year (not bad in your 80's!)
On the occasion of Mary's 80th Birthday an event was held with the various groups that she had supported ove rthe years
At that event Mary was presented with a "This Is Your Life" book that had been prepared by thise groups and with the help of her brother
Only limited copies were made and these are now rare, but we are now able to offer a pdf file of the "book"
Please click here for a copy WARNING this is a 25Mb file so not suitable for slow links
The Cardiff Naturalists' Society is happy to be able to offer Dr Gillhams' books for sale through this website.
A number of the following books are still in print and can be ordered through this website.
Sorry we no longer have copies of the following
- A Natural History of Cardiff, Exploring Round the Taff
- A Natural History of Cardiff, Exploring Round the Rhymney / Roath
- The Garth Countryside, Part of Cardiff's Green Mantle
- Swansea Bay's Green Mantle
- Memories of Welsh Islands
- Saltwind From The Cape
- Island Hopping in Tasmania's Roaring Forties
- Islands of the Trade Wwinds: Indian Ocean
- Town Bred and Country Nurtured
- Sand Dunes. The Glamorgan Heritage Coast Wildlife Series.
- Rivers. The Glamorgan Heritage Coast Wildlife Series.
- Limestone Downs. The Glamorgan Heritage Coast Wildlife Series.
- Sea Cliffs. The Glamorgan Heritage Coast Wildlife Series.
- Coastal Downs. The Glamorgan Heritage Coast Wildlife Series.
For Purchase information please see the Order form